malware with BAD HEADER, MIME error not blocked

MI mi.lists at alma.ch
Thu Mar 31 17:14:19 CEST 2016

> The error is in incorrectly wrapped Content-Type header field,
> where the continuation line does not start with a space or tab,
> so the broken MIME part does not get base64-decoded.

Thank you. Somehow, I overlooked that.

Wouldn't it be possible for Amavis to still check the attachment, despite the error?
It seems that MIME::Parser, while complaining about the bad header is still able to
extract it:

$ perl -MMIME::Parser -e 'my $p=MIME::Parser->new( ); $p->output_under("/tmp/x/"); my
$m=$p->parse(\*STDIN); warn $p->last_error(), "\n";' </tmp/badmail
error:       couldn't parse head; error near:

$ ls -Al /tmp/x/msg-1459435568-17408-0/
total 8
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root 3378 Mar 31 16:46 hostmaster_document_4876E9.rar
-rw-rw-r-- 1 root root  246 Mar 31 16:46 msg-17408-1.txt

So it would be nice if Amavis could still check the attachment if it could be extracted.

In the meantime I will try your other suggestions.

Thank you,

MI