Question RE Kaspersky 8.0 (klms) socket permission error

Jakob Curdes jc at info-systems.de
Wed Mar 30 21:04:57 CEST 2016

> Good day everyone
>
> Regarding this problem:
> https://lists.amavis.org/pipermail/amavis-users/2014-January/002737.html
>
> Is there any news of how to solve it.

Ah yes there is an easy trick;amavisd wants its own user and klms also
wants its own user. But with the two separate accounts you will not get
the systems to play nicely with  each other.
On the other hand, as I wrote in that entry, it does not work to run
klms as the user amavisd. I never figured out why.
BUT - if you install amavisd with the user amavisd and then klms with
the user kluser (and with the respective group) then you can do the
following:

- manually edit /etc/passwd and /etc/group to set the numerical user ID
of the kluser to be the same as the amavisd user; do the same for the
klusers group.
After doing this, reboot the system and start the services as usual.
With this "manipulation" I got all my KAV installations to work well
with amavisd.

Hope this helps,
JC