Domains issue

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Wed Mar 23 18:23:15 CET 2016

In dealing with a problem with disclaimers, I noticed that amavis is not
really optimized for multi-domain installations.  In the conf file I find:

$mydomain = 'example.com';   # a convenient default for other settings

and

@local_domains_maps = ( [".$mydomain"] );  # list of all local domains

While this probably is fine for most installations, we have customers who
anywhere from one domain to > 1500 domains.  This becomes problematic in
particular when disclaimers are in use.  Clearly, I can modify the conf
file as necessary, but it'd be great if I could have amavis actually pull
my domains out of LDAP, for example, so I didn't have to hack the conf file
at all.  Has there been thought on implementing something along these
lines?  I.e., a generic database mechanism, so LDAP, SQL, etc, can be used
for pulling in the domain list?

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount