Whitelisting by IP address

Michael H michael at wemoto.com
Thu Mar 10 11:43:35 CET 2016

On 10/03/16 03:53, Tom Johnson wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2016, at 7:11 PM, Indunil Jayasooriya <indunil75 at gmail.com
> <mailto:indunil75 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 10, 2016 at 12:57 AM, Tom Johnson <tj at terramar.net
>> <mailto:tj at terramar.net>> wrote:
>>
>>     I'm sorry if I wasn't clear - adding to trusted_networks is not an
>>     option.  Different users have different needs.  One person might
>>     want x.x.x.x whitelisted, but another may not.
>>

>>     Why don't you need to whitelist or blacklist domains per user
>> basis in following way in amavisd.conf file
>>
>>     # ENVELOPE SENDER SOFT-WHITELISTING / SOFT-BLACKLISTING
>>
>> @score_sender_maps = ({ # a by-recipient hash lookup table,
>>

> We do whitelisting and blacklisting if senders (using sql).
>
> But we also have some customers who need to whitelist everything coming
> from a given ip address.

Hi,

This is on topic but not quite as the previous thread required.

I have amended my spamassassin/local.cf and added trusted_networks and
internal_networks with all of my IP addresses listed.

I have an alarm system that is emailing without a date field in the
headers, this email originates from an IP address in my trusted_networks
but is still being blocked by amavisd.

Could someone please tell me the correct way to whitelist IP addresses
so that it is applied to amavisd as well as spamassassin?

thanks

Michael