How to configure multiple postfix content filters?

Mike Schleif mike at mdsresource.net
Fri Mar 4 15:02:52 CET 2016

On Thu, Mar 3, 2016 at 3:39 PM, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at sys4.de> wrote:

> Mike,
>
> * Mike Schleif <mike at mdsresource.net>:
> > Original filter-only:
> > master.cf:
> > smtp  inet  n  -  n  -  -  smtpd
> >   -o content_filter=filter:dummy
> >
> > filter  unix  -  n  n  -  10  pipe
> >   flags=Rq user=filter null_sender=
> >   argv=/var/spool/filter/bin/filter.sh -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}
>
> what is it, that filter.sh does? Is it something amavis can do as well?
> I'm asking because maybe we can simplify your setup.

No.

This server was built to consolidate several legacy servers, primarily to
do special header rewrites for a subset of all email received by this
company. It is unique code developed to do such rewrites and it does it
well.

After several months of doing this task without incident, others decided to
retrofit spam & av to this box, which had been done problematically
elsewhere.

I think that I have this working; but, I'm totally new to amavis, and I'm
no expert on postfix. I want to find the simplest way to chain these
processes, set it and forget it ...

Thank you.