How to configure multiple postfix content filters?

Mike Schleif mike at mdsresource.net
Thu Mar 3 18:14:01 CET 2016

Centos:  7.2.1511 (Core)
postfix: 2.10.1
amavisd-new: 2.10.1

This postfix server was designed to run as follows, which it has done for
several months without incident:

Original filter-only:
master.cf:
smtp  inet  n  -  n  -  -  smtpd
  -o content_filter=filter:dummy

filter  unix  -  n  n  -  10  pipe
  flags=Rq user=filter null_sender=
  argv=/var/spool/filter/bin/filter.sh -f ${sender} -- ${recipient}

Now, I'm tasked with retrofitting spamassassin on same host, which works
using
following configuration:

Spamassassin-only:
master.cf:
smtp  inet  n  -  n  -  -  smtpd
  -o content_filter=spamassassin

spamassassin unix -  n  n  -  -  pipe
  user=spamd argv=/usr/bin/spamc -f -e
  /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}

Our problem is using _both_ spamassassin and filter, preferably in that
order.

postfix-users pointed me to: amavisd-new, which I have installed. This
works properly, regarding spam & virus.

How need I configure postfix to first call amavisd-new, then use "filter?"

 <http://twitter.com/mikeschleif>