Addition of Another Spam filter to Amavis

Stephen Davies sdavies at sdc.com.au
Thu Mar 3 00:18:20 CET 2016

On 01/03/16 21:46, ashish behl wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Please let me know if anyone can suggest any options for adding a new spam filter to amavis.
> I have for now achieved this by writing a new module, extending from package Amavis::SpamControl and implementing method check, on the same lines as spamassassin.
>

> Regards,
> Ashish
>

> On Friday, September 11, 2015 11:11 AM, ashish behl <ashish_behl at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> Hello All,
>
> I was trying to add another spam filter to Amavis, using @spam_scanners array defined in amavisd-new code.
>
> But, I soon realised reading Amavis code that Amavis has support only for the 4 Spam filters (SpamAssassin, DSPAM, CRM114, Bogofilter).
> package Amavis::SpamControl::ExtProg;   sub check_or_learn only supports the above mentioned filters by reading specific headers.
>
> Please let me know if I am right? Is there another way to add a new spam filter support to amavis?
>
> Regards,
>
> Ashish

It is relatively easy to add another spam filter.
A few years ago I did basically a cut-and-paste of the SpamAssassin code to
make the Bogofilter support.

The gotcha in the present setup is that you have to select a filter in the
Amavis code. It cannot be done via the config file.
This means that updates overwrite your selection.