How to turn OFF "Improper folded header field made up entirely of whitespace"

Mike Schleif mike at mdsresource.net
Fri Jun 3 21:04:56 CEST 2016

On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 1:57 PM, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2016 20:49, "Mike Schleif" <mike at mdsresource.net> wrote:
> >
> > On Fri, Jun 3, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Simon B <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>
> wrote:

> whitespace lines?

> avoid outgoing mail failing for this cause?

> >> Probably with a policy bank.
> >>
> >> To disable bad header checks for certain recipients you can use
> @bypass_header_checks_maps in amavisd.conf.
> >>
> >> I imagine you can somehow set that for outgoing only.
> >>
> >> But frankly if it's for *outgoing* mail you could better just solve the
> application/script causing the issue..
> >>
> >> Simon
> >
> > How ought I do that for Microsoft Outlook 2010?
> >
> > It only happens on replying to messages from outside; but, it happens
> several times per week and users are getting quite restless when their
> replies don't get to intended recipients ...
> >

> File a ticket with Microsoft? :D
>
> I understand your pain, but I haven't seen this with any of my MS clients
> and we check ALL  outgoing mail.
>
> Are you able to pin it down to certain users/versions?

All 100+ users are using identical MSE version. I find no pattern in users;
nor have I found a single recipient domain.

> I would expect that if this were a known outlook issue, you would have a)
> a known workaround, b) more engagement from the it professionals here (with
> larger organisations than mine).

Yes, I'm puzzled by that, too.

That's why I started the other thread regarding: fix_whitespace_lines ,
which appears to intend to fix this condition when found. It would be great
to know if that is truly its intention ...

> Sorry I can't be more help..
>
> Simon

~ Mike