Amavis 2.10.1 dies and is unusable when put under moderate load
Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Wed Jan 27 16:26:49 CET 2016
>> Again, the only difference is 2.9.0 vs 2.10.1. I.e., we used the same
>> uulib library in 2.9.0 without these issues. Unless do_ascii was
>> modified between 2.9.0 and 2.10.1 to add uulib checks, this doesn't
>> like it would be the source. I will go and remove it however, since
>> is known problematic. :)
The do_ascii remains essentially unchanged since a long time.
> Hm, it is a newer version of Convert::UUlib as well, however.
> So it may be related to that.
Most likely. Apart from a possible problem in the library, a
mismatch between a version of perl the Convert::UUlib was compiled
against, vs. the running version, might also cause a problem.
> I don't know if you've tested Amavis with the
> current release of Convert::UUlib. It has had some significant
> changes recently.
I tested briefly (for a couple of hours) with uulib V0.5pl20
(through Convert::UUlib 1.50), from FreeBSD ports.
Seemed to work, but then I disabled it for production usage.
> Either way, I guess it won't matter for me in the long term now that
> do_ascii is disabled. ;)
More information about the amavis-users