Amavis 2.10.1 dies and is unusable when put under moderate load

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Wed Jan 27 15:40:34 CET 2016

--On Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:21 PM +0100 Mark Martinec
<Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si> wrote:

> There you go, the problem must be in do_ascii - which calls
> Convert::UUlib,
> which in turn uses the uulib library - which has been known to cause
> crashes
> in the past. It is ancient library, poorly maintained.
>
> The do_ascii has been removed (commented out) from a default @decoders
> list
> (I believe in amavisd 2.9.0). I suggest to remove it from your @decoders
> list in the config file, it causes more grief than is worth.

Again, the only difference is 2.9.0 vs 2.10.1.  I.e., we used the same
uulib library in 2.9.0 without these issues.  Unless do_ascii was modified
between 2.9.0 and 2.10.1 to add uulib checks, this doesn't seem like it
would be the source.  I will go and remove it however, since it is known
problematic. :)

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount