New to custom hooks

Scott Fertig scott at gotbrew.org
Sun Jan 24 00:17:30 CET 2016

I've gotten past my original issues, now I am much further along, I also forgot to mention that I am working with amavis 2.9. The remaining issue I have is that I am trying to get the body of the message if a subject matches a variable I have set in my custom hook. It appears that amavis tries to get the body based on this subject value but the output of this ends up being IO::File=GLOB(0x6a0ef70)

sub new {
  my($class,$conn,$msginfo) = @_;
  my($self) = bless {}, $class;
my($valuefrombody) = $msginfo->mail_text;
my($line); my($line_cnt) = 0;
my($ll) = 0;
do_log($ll,"CUSTOM: $valuefrombody");

The log reflects this as well and the value is being stored as IO::File=GLOB(0x6a0f528), I'm not quite sure what I'm overlooking to get this everything else appears to work as intended though.

Jan 23 09:55:06 mail amavis[2730]: (02730-01) CUSTOM: IO::File=GLOB(0x6a0f528)