Upcoming Release: Contribution?

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Feb 16 07:31:04 CET 2016

* Zhang Huangbin <zhb at iredmail.org>:

> > On Feb 16, 2016, at 2:10 AM, Patrick Ben Koetter <p at sys4.de> wrote:
> >
> > we've developed a feature which lets amavis query a DNSBL white/blacklist and
> > depending on the DNS servers reply, lets amavis add the IP in question to a
> > policy bank.
>
> Just curious, why not query DNSBL in Postfix (before-queue)?

In this case the intention is not to block an IP, but to make a policy
decision e.g. "if the IP is listed, amavis should not scan it for SPAM" or "if
the IP is listed, it should use a policy bank with higher SPAM scores".

The DNS(BL) mechanism is only used as a network based lookup table. Easy to
distribute and it doesn't require a reload of all amavis instances 'reading'
an IP list.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG