subject line not prefixed

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Tue Apr 26 16:44:40 CEST 2016

>> On 2016-04-26 13:42, Michael H wrote:
>>> Hi Mailing list owner,
>>>
>>> Could you amend the configuration for the mailing list to include
>>> something in the subject line, like maybe [amavis-users]?

Modifying a Subject by a mailing list invalidates original DKIM
signatures, so it is undesirable. Either filter by List-Id as
suggested, or subscribe using a mail address with an extension
(plus addressing) and filter/redirect based on that.

>>> This is the only mailing list I'm on where my filters have difficulty
>>> pinning all of the messages and it's a nuisance.

Postfix, SpamAssassin, FreeBSD, apache.org mailing lists, ...
none of these muck with the Subject header field (or add footers).

But yes, it's all about compromises, gain some, lose some...