Multiple Amavis Instances on reliable Redis

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Thu Apr 21 11:47:45 CEST 2016

Hi,

the current setup is two Postfix MX servers for in- and outgoing mail.
amavis and SpamAssassin use a single MySQL database (SPOF).

While updating hard- and software we want to change to Redis instead of
MySQL.

The Redis data should be the same for both MX servers. To avoid the SPOF
there have to be more than one Redis instances.

So we tried Redis Sentinel. But amavis seems not to work with that, it
does not connect to Redis on the Sentinel port, there is a SELECT error.

(!)_DIE: [select] ERR unknown command 'SELECT',  at (eval 110) line61
select] ERR unknown command 'SELECT',  at (eval 110) line 61.

Is it possible to use amavis mit Redis Sentinel?
Or is there another, better approach to achieve what we want?

Marc