Attachment blocking with spoofed addresses and DMARC

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Apr 15 01:27:42 CEST 2016

A customer who has set up DKIM + SPF notes a spammer tactic where they set
the TO and FROM to be the same value.  I.e.,:

To: user at domain.com
From: user at domain.com

With an attachment type that has been set up to be blocked.  Even though
the message clearly fails DMARC and thus will be flagged as Junk in our
setup (SA scores DMARC failure with a large negative score), the user ends
up getting a notification for every one of these emails.  Is there any way
to get Amavis to NOT send a notice to the user if the SA score is above the
SPAM threshold?

Thanks,
Quanah

--