Allow attachment with blocked extension for some senders

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Apr 5 16:26:06 CEST 2016

Yes, that's right. For banned-files, sender white-lists are not an option. [I have a script that does handle sender white-lists, and I'm glad to discuss off-list if someone is interested.]

In our case, white-listing senders is incredibly helpful - but Amavis, I believe, has made a choice not to support sender white-lists for banned files. [We blanket ban nearly all attachments, and then allow a few senders through to certain/specific recipients.]

There are a few work-arounds - but they're cludgy IMO, and won't work with pre-accept in Postfix - which is how we use amavis - so there's no even-cludgy way for us.

-Greg

--
Gregory Sloop, Principal: Sloop Network & Computer Consulting
Voice: 503.251.0452 x82
EMail: gregs at sloop.net
http://www.sloop.net
---