Scan local mail

Marco Fretz marco.fretz at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 14:27:57 CEST 2015

On 25.09.2015 13:32, Danny Horne wrote:
> Thanks for the replies,
>
> I've tried both these options (and more), but Amavisd still doesn't
> check local mail (at least there's no headers saying it has).
>
> Think I'll give up on this, it's looking like it might not be possible
> without major reconfiguration (which I don't have the stomach for at
> the moment)
You should read through this:
http://www.postfix.org/OVERVIEW.html#delivering
http://www.postfix.org/MILTER_README.html
http://www.postfix.org/FILTER_README.html

smtpd_milters which you are using does not handle local delivery mails
as far I know. you should have a look at content_filter instead. it's
also a good idea to split mail sending (submission) from incoming. I
usually use content_filter for submission (post queue filtering) and
smtpd_proxy_filter (pre queue filtering) for incoming mail.