upgrade path

Gabriele Bulfon gabriele.bulfon at sonicle.com
Fri Sep 11 10:34:40 CEST 2015

Hi,
I'm running an old server with amavis 2.7.0 and spamassassin 3.4.0 on perl 5.14.2.
I found a lot of evident spam coming in (e.g. containing evident urls in russia while claiming to be the italian telco...),
and I can't say why it does not get sucked.
I'm thinking to upgrade to latest amavis.
Questions:
- is there a specific path to upgrade 2.7.0 to 2.10.1? Or may I just go with the new daemon with config unchanged?
- may I expect the new version to be more efficient in detecting malwares
- is there any other reasone I may check?
For example I happened to find emails not spammed (SA score 0.5) while getting in from postfix-amavis-SA-curis,
but a manual spamassassin -D on the email get a very high score.
Thanks for any help
Gabriele