Is there an equivalent X-Amavis-AV-Status header for AM.PENPAL

Wed Nov 18 18:02:23 CET 2015

Hi,

Perhaps I jumped the gun by emailing the list. Further research suggests that if a sender was a PenPal and thier message scored between $penpals_threshold_low and $sa_kill_level_deflt (so in my case higher than 1 but less than 10.0) then a negative score would be added based on how long ago the sender last sent the receipient a message (a maximum of minus $penpals_bonus_score).

$penpals_bonus_score = undef;  # maximal (positive) score value by which spam
# score is lowered when sender is known to have previously received mail
# from our local user from this mail system. Zero or undef disables
# pen pals lookups in Redis or in SQL tables msgs and msgrcpt, and
# is a default.
$penpals_halflife = 7*24*60*60; # exponential decay time constant in seconds;
# pen pal bonus is halved for each halflife period since the last mail
# sent by a local user to a current message's sender
$penpals_threshold_low = 1.0;   # SA score below which pen pals lookups are
# not performed to save time; undef lets the threshold be ignored;
$penpals_threshold_high = undef;
# when (SA_score - $penpals_bonus_score > $penpals_threshold_high)
# pen pals lookup will not be performed to save time, as it could not
# influence blocking of spam even at maximal penpals bonus (age=0);
# usual choice for value would be a kill level or other reasonably high
# value; undef lets the threshold be ignored and is a default (useful
# for testing and statistics gathering);

My conclusaion now is that I don't need Amavis AM.PENPAL status in spamassassin as Amavis will handle this after spamassasin's scanned the (message as long as the message scores less than 10 anyway)..

In fact, how I now read it is that Amavis doesn't perform a PenPal check until after SA has run so wouldn't be able to pass AM.PENPAL status to spamassassin in the first place.

Regards

Steve