BANNED, message contains text/plain,.exe issue.

Olivier Nicole Olivier.Nicole at cs.ait.ac.th
Mon Mar 9 06:04:51 CET 2015

Hi Golf,

> Today we found some strange situation for incoming email when enabled  blocking ".exe" in zip file extension on amavisd.conf  as below configuration.
>
> ### amavisd.conf for BLOCKED ANYWHERE
> # qr'^UNDECIPHERABLE$',  # is or contains any undecipherable components
> qr'^\.(exe|exe-ms|dll)$',                   # banned file(1) types, rudimentary
>
> Now , We always found banned email from incoming email send from Lotus note MTA .
> And Sender address try to send attach file ".xls" and normal email with plain text after that our amavisd detect both email as "BANNED" type.

I don't understand what you mean.

Since you have banned .exe all message from Lotus note are banned, even
when they have no .exe in it?

In FreeBSD, Amavis usually put the banned email in /var/virusmail/banned
directory. You could have a close look at the messages and confirm if
they are good or not.

If you *need* to discuss in Thai, maybe I can help.

Best regards,

Olivier