SMTP_AUTH from sendmail to Amavisd-new using Amavisd-Milter.

jan hugo prins jhp at jhprins.org
Thu Dec 10 00:52:13 CET 2015

Hi everyone,

I have a Centos 6 server with sendmail. On this server I use
Milter-Greylist in combination with Amavisd-new and Amavisd-milter. This
works fine except for one thing.
When users authenticate to sendmail using smtp_auth (saslauthd) milter
greylist sees this perfectly and skips all greylisting, but amavisd-new
doesn't seem to receive the SMTP_AUTH policy bank through the
amavisd-milter. I have added the following lines to amavisd-new to make
the policy_bank available:

$policy_bank{'SMTP_AUTH'} = {
  protocol => 'AM.PDP',
  originating => 1,
  bypass_banned_checks_maps => [1],
  bypass_spam_checks_maps => [1],
  os_fingerprint_method => undef,
  spam_lovers_maps => [1],
  banned_files_lovers_maps => [1],
};

In sendmail.mc I have the following lines to support milter-greylist and
amavisd-milter.

define('MILTER', `1')
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`greylist',`S=local:/var/lib/milter-greylist/milter-greylist.sock')
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_CONNECT', `j, {if_addr}')
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_HELO', `{verify}, {cert_subject}')
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVFROM', `r, b, i, {auth_authen}')
define(`confMILTER_LOG_LEVEL',`10')
define(`confMILTER_MACROS_ENVRCPT', `{greylist}')
INPUT_MAIL_FILTER(`milter-amavis',
`S=local:/var/spool/amavisd/amavisd-milter.sock, F=T, T=S:10m;R:10m;E:10m')
TRUST_AUTH_MECH(`PLAIN GSSAPI KERBEROS_V4 DIGEST-MD5 CRAM-MD5 LOGIN')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtp,Name=MTA,Family=inet6,InputMailFilters=greylist;milter-amavis')
DAEMON_OPTIONS(`port=smtps,Name=TLSMTA,Family=inet6,InputMailFilters=greylist;milter-amavis,M=s')

I start amavisd-milter with the following options:

/usr/sbin/amavisd-milter -p /var/run/amavisd/milter.pid -w
/var/spool/amavisd -s local:/var/spool/amavisd/amavisd-milter.sock -S
/var/spool/amavisd/amavisd.sock -m 50 -B -d 3

A few questions:

Does anyone have a working config, or maybe some pointers to where I
need to look to get this fixed?

Everything like virus scanning and spamscanning etc works just fine. The
only problem I have is that I want to skip spam scanning when someone
authenticates using SMTP_AUTH.

The version of Amavisd-milter is 1.6.1.

Thanks,
Jan Hugo Prins