Help me understand @client_ipaddr_policy

Patrick Ben Koetter p at sys4.de
Tue Dec 8 11:53:17 CET 2015

* Florian Thießen <amavis at thiessen.org>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > three questions related to @client_ipaddr_policy:
> >
> > 1) is there a way to configure @client_ipaddr_policy in sql rather than
> > in amavis' config files?

No

> > 2) Are the policies that one sets using @client_ipaddr_policy in any way
> > related to the sql policies mentioned in "README.sql-mysql" /
> > "README.sql"? For example, can I set the ID as a name in
> > @client_ipaddr_policy?

Dunno

> > 3) Is it possible to link IP addresses to multiple policies or would I
> > need settings that are equal for all IP addresses in each corresponding
> > policy?

Yes. IP addresses may trigger multiple policy banks. You can verify that in
the log.

> How do other people solve this in larger setups?

We have scripts that create perl code (read: amavis config) from SQL and then
we reload amavis. Worked well with cfengine years ago and works with all the
hipster stuff (read: puppet et. al.) as well.

p at rick

--
[*] sys4 AG

https://sys4.de, +49 (89) 30 90 46 64