SNMP submodule uses BerkeleyDB, violates ability to use SNMP submodule

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Mon Dec 7 18:25:49 CET 2015

--On Saturday, December 05, 2015 12:19 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah at zimbra.com> wrote:

>> Once you have that in place, you can run the newer
>> amavisd-snmp-subagent-zmq agent in combination with amavis-mc:
>
> Ah perfect, thanks.  I didn't realize you could use one over the other. :)

Hm, the SNMP and service bits don't really seem to have been written with
large scale deployments in mind.  There's no way to pass in a configure
file or set various bits via the command line, in particular the protocols
and ports that are to be used.  This means one would have to endlessly hack
on the scripts across multiple MTAs to get this up and running. :/

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount
Platform Architect