Continual amavisd restarts

Marius Gologan marius.gologan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 08:28:52 CEST 2015

Stephen,

I had a similar issue. I don't know if mine and yours are the same.
I solved mine by disabling the use of BerkeleyDB with this setting:

$enable_db = 0;

I didn't noticed any degradation in performances.
Spamassassin become a child process. If is any error in spamassassin, amavis won't start which I find useful since I often override rules in SA.

I hope this will solve your issue.

Regards,
Marius.