ANNOUNCE: amavisd-new-2.10.0-rc2 release candidate is available

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sat Oct 18 11:04:13 CEST 2014

Alex,

> Just for the record: if you make 2.10.0 final in the next few days we
> would
> make it for Debian Jessie (freeze is coming soon).

That would be very nice, it's doable, will keep it in mind. I think
the RC2 is pretty much it. I hope to get some more feedback from
early testers the following days.

> Or do you think 2.10.0 will not be stable enough?

Existing features and SMTPUTF8 should be stable.

There might be some rough corner left with encoding/decoding of UTF-8
text and IDN domain names in some rarely visited corners, but as long
as one does not try to push the envelope and make everything
'international', should be alright. Although I have been testing
quite extensively even the more exotic setups.

> P.S. We talked about a public git for amavis some time ago. In general
> my
> offer to help with managing patches and so on is still valid. What do
> you
> think?

Yes, yes, never found the time to do it. Eventually...