spamassassin config / preferences files / copy to amavis

Nathan Hemenway nhemenway at kksbolash.com
Wed Oct 8 22:26:15 CEST 2014

I have seen various reccommendations (DebianAntiSpamGatewayEmailServer,
etc.) to copy the spamassassin config / preferences files from root to
amavis :

    cp -ir /root/.spamassassin /var/lib/amavis

    and then making symbolic links to the the /root/.spamassassin etc.

    Is this necessary anymore?

    My install seems to be working swell, My mail is getting Spam scores
etc.
    All seems copacetic.

    As a side note, I really just want to delete all the spams that go
above a certain score ala
    $sa_kill_level_deflt = 6.0;
    and I have set
    $final_spam_destiny = D_DISCARD;
    But I am still getting spams in my inbox, albeit correctly
identified with the subject tag I chose.
    But really, I do not want to Filter on my mail client.
    How to just delete.
    I have searched far and wide for an answer to this seemingly simple
question.

    --
.nathan.

--