Adding X_SPAM headers to passed messages

James B. Byrne via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Wed May 14 21:30:29 CEST 2014

On Wed, May 14, 2014 09:36, James B. Byrne wrote:

As suggested I manually added our domain (.harte-lyne.ca) to
@local_domains_maps.   This had the desired effect and X-SPAM headers began to
appear in processed emails.  However, I was curious why this would work since
we had these two statements already in amavisd.conf:

$mydomain = 'harte-lyne.ca';
. . .
@local_domains_maps = ( [ qw( .$mydomain
                              .someother.tld) ] );

To test what was happening I removed the newly added .harte-lyne.ca from
inside the @local_domains_maps and restarted amavisd.  And the headers
disappeared again.

To solve this I have added the local domain explicitly and now I get the
desired behaviour.  But I do not understand why the previous configuration no
longer worked.

@local_domains_maps = ( [ qw( .$mydomain
                              .harte-lyne.ca
                              .someother.tld