Adding X_SPAM headers to passed messages

James B. Byrne via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Tue May 13 22:33:07 CEST 2014

CentOS-6.5
Postfix-2.6.6
Amavisd-new-2.8.0
Spamassassin-3.3.1
OpenDKIM-2.9.0
pypolicyd-spf-1.2

I wish to have all spam assassin test hits detailed in the headers of all
messages that pass through the filters.  At the moment messages flagged as
spam have them and messages that pass do not.  I am informed that Spamassassin
does not write the headers when used with amavisd-new but that amavisd does.
How do I accomplish what I wish with amavisd?

Note that insofar as I can determine spamassassin is being called by amavisd
and is working for I am seeing entries showing Hits in the amavisd.log file:

May 13 16:31:27 inet08.hamilton.harte-lyne.ca /usr/sbin/amavisd[32762]:
(32762-15) Blocked SPAM {DiscardedInbound}, [24.237.229.37]:34005
[24.237.229.37] <dcleve at actuate.com> -> <carter at halisp.net>, Message-ID:
<4672.45163a.c413 at 37-229-237-24.static.gci.net>, mail_id: 63VIyh92Bktb, Hits:
27.553, size: 3581, 1413 ms

I have the following settings in /etc/amavisd/amavisd.conf:

$sa_tag_level_deflt  = -9999; # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 2.5;   # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 3.5;   # triggers spam evasive actions (e.g. blocks
mail)
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 5.0;   # spam level beyond which a DSN is not sent
$sa_crediblefrom_dsn_cutoff_level = 18; # likewise, but for a likely valid
From
$sa_quarantine_cutoff_level = 20; # spam level beyond which quarantine is off
$penpals_bonus_score = 8;    # (no effect without a @storage_sql_dsn database)
$penpals_threshold_high = $sa_kill_level_deflt;  # don't waste time on hi spam
$bounce_killer_score = 100;  # spam score points to add for joe-jobbed bounces

I have the following settings in /etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

# Headers to show
add_header all DCC _DCCB_: _DCCR_
add_header all Level _STARS(*)_
add_header all Pyzor _PYZOR_
add_header all Report _REPORT_

# Detail causes for spam classification - Used with BAYES_99 etc.
# _HAMMYTOKENS(N)_  the N most significant hammy tokens (default, 5)
# _SPAMMYTOKENS(N)_ the N most significant spammy tokens (default, 5)
report Report        _SPAMMYTOKENS(25)_
report Report        _HAMMYTOKENS(25)_

I desire to see all Spamassassin hits in each message, whether it passes of
not and regardless of the Score.  How is this done?

Canada  L8E 3C3