Amavisd routinely fails to correctly tag Spam via SpamAssassin calls

Quanah Gibson-Mount via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Mon Mar 24 21:17:13 CET 2014

--On Friday, March 14, 2014 1:07 PM -0700 Quanah Gibson-Mount via
amavis-users <amavis-users at amavis.org> wrote:

> This started in a thread on the spamassassin-users list.  Multiple people
> are finding that Amavis is failing to consistently score spam via
> SpamAssassin.

Found another excellent example today.  This clearly fails URIDNSBL
checking, yet Amavis never even reports it checked via URIDNSBL!

	tests=[BAYES_00=-0.05, RDNS_NONE=0.793]
	autolearn=no autolearn_force=no

Yet I run it through SA on the command line 5 seconds later:

Mar 24 15:13:55.990 [22070] dbg: uridnsbl: domain "go-smokeless-now.us"
listed (URIBL_DBL_SPAM): 127.0.1.2

*ANY* insight into how to debug why Amavis is utterly failing to scan
obvious spam would be much appreciated.

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount