unable to allocate memory for mutex;

GKoo Ansis gkoo.ansis at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 08:38:59 CEST 2014

Dear amavis users, i am randomly receiving this error on one of my
e-mail servers:

Jun 15 06:47:57 dell amavis[28166]: (!!)TROUBLE in child_init_hook: BDB
no dbS: unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex
region, . at (eval 82) line 27.
Jun 15 06:47:57 dell amavis[28166]: (!)_DIE: Suicide in child_init_hook:
BDB no dbS: unable to allocate memory for mutex; resize mutex region, .
at (eval 82) line 27.

The amavis scanner is blocked and all e-mail remains in the queue. If i
restart the amavis service everything goes back to normal but after a
while this error comes back. I haven't found anything online about it.
Any ideas are well received. Thanks.