dkim signature Failure Reporting

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sat Jul 12 12:29:04 CEST 2014

Andre,

 > anyone knows why signature flag r=y does not appear in amavisd-new
 > latest version?

> Refering to RFC6651 and line 31643-31646 from amavisd
>        # signature options (parenthesized options are set automatically;
>        # the RFC 6651 (failure reporting) added a tag: r=y) :
>        #   (v), a, (b), (bh), c, d, (h), i, (l), q, r, s, (t), x, (z)
>        # place a catchall default at the end of the list of options;

Ah yes, of course.

 > Tried with:
 > dkim_key('news.example.org', 'abc', '/etc/news.example.org.key.pem',
 > r=>'y');

The r tag is a signature option, not a key option.

 > and
 > @dkim_signature_options_bysender_maps = ( {'.' => { r => 'y' } } );

Right.

 > But flag r=y still does not appear in DKIM-Signature Header.
 > Bug or just my fault with configuration?

A missing feature / not implemented.

The problem is that the Mail::DKIM module does not provide
an option to add this new tag to a signature, so amavisd
has no way to pass the r tag to Mail::DKIM.

A feature request against the Mail::DKIM module needs to be opened.
The Mail::DKIM::Signer::new method (and Mail::DKIM::Signature::new)
needs to be augmented with an additional option.

Would you please open such feature request against Mail::DKIM
on CPAN.

When this is available, amavisd would need to pass the value
of $sig_options{r} in a call:

   $dkim->add_signature( Mail::DKIM::Signature->new( ...