sa_local_tests_only in policy bank

Mark Martinec Mark.Martinec+amavis at ijs.si
Sat Jul 5 15:22:32 CEST 2014

Carsten,

> Hi,
> i am using amavisd-new  2.7.1-2 on debian wheezy.
>
> After adding "$sa_local_tests_only = 1" to my policy-bank, i see the
> following error message:
>
> Jun 30 12:41:20 my-mailserver amavis[25175]: () (!)loading policy bank
> "AUTH": unknown field "1"
> Jun 30 12:41:20 my-mailserver amavis[25175]: () loaded policy bank "AUTH"
>

> $policy_bank{'AUTH'} = {
>       originating              => 1,
>       final_spam_destiny       => D_BOUNCE,
>       spam_tag2_level_maps => 10,
>       spam_kill_level_maps => 10,
>       final_virus_destiny      => D_REJECT,
>       final_banned_destiny     => D_PASS,
>       final_bad_header_destiny => D_PASS,
>
>     # Don't use RBLChecks for authenticated users
>       $sa_local_tests_only = 1,    # RBL sollte damit ignoriert werden
> };

The $sa_local_tests_only within creating a hash
evaluates to 1, which is why it complains about unknown field.

> If I use instead
>      sa_local_tests_only => 1,    # RBL sollte damit ignoriert werden
>
> I get the error:
> Jun 30 12:57:56 my-mailserver amavis[26633]: () (!)loading policy bank
> "AUTH": unknown field "sa_local_tests_only"

Unfortunately the $sa_local_tests_only is currently a global
setting only, it is not a member of policy banks.

This is because SpamAssassin expects this setting at a
time of the object creation (startup time), and it cannot
be changed dynamically. Alternative would be to ditch
an existing SpamAssassin object and create a new one
when sa_local_tests_only changes, but that would be
an expensive operation, so it is currently not available.