Question RE Kaspersky 8.0 (klms) socket permission error

tejas sarade via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Mon Jan 27 14:56:34 CET 2014

Hello,

Have you tried adding the user under which Kaspersky Antivirus runs in the
amavis group?

On Tue, Jan 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM, Jakob Curdes via amavis-users <
amavis-users at amavis.org> wrote:

> I am now trying to start with simpler things:
> with the command-line version of KLMS 8.0, kavscanner.
> This is similar or identical to the scanner delivered with kav4fs, so I
can use a predefined configuration, only the path must be modified:

>    ### http://www.kaspersky.com/
>    ['Kaspersky Antivirus v8',
>       ['/opt/kaspersky/klms/bin/kavscanner', 'kavscanner'],
>      '-i0 -xn -xp -mn -R -ePASBME {}/*', [0,10,15], [5,20,21,25],
>      qr/(?:INFECTED|WARNING|SUSPICION|SUSPICIOUS) (.*)/m,
>     sub {chdir('/opt/kaspersky/klms/bin') or die "Can't chdir to kav:
$!"},
>     sub {chdir($TEMPBASE) or die "Can't chdir back to $TEMPBASE $!"},
>    ],
>
> After modifying the permissions of the "facade"
>
> chmod g+w /var/run/klms/facade
>
> this runs nicely if called from the command line as user amavis.
>
> But called from amavisd, as above, I get
> Jan 21 13:51:21  amavis[18062]: (18062-02) (!)run_av (Kaspersky Antivirus
v8) FAILED - unexpected exit 30, output="Kaspersky Anti-Virus On-Demand
Scanner.\nCopyright (C) Kaspersky Lab, 1997-2012.\nCannot create
/var/log/kaspersky/klms/kavscanner.log"

> even though it could access the same file without problems when it ran
from a shell of this user. The logfile belongs to amavis:amavis.
> Does amavisd detach the virus scanner processes to another user, e.g.
"nobody"? I have no other explanation why the binary cannot access its
logfile.