av_scanners: multiple connection attempts possible?

Thomas Sturm via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Fri Jan 10 08:41:04 CET 2014

Hi,

> I didn’t find any possibility to tune savdid’s behaviour like e.g. making sure that there is always one spare child. So I’m looking for a solution on Amavis’ side now. The resulting log line "connect to /var/run/amavis/savdid.sock failed, attempt #1” suggests that there could me more attempts. Is this configurable somehow?

let me bring this up one more time, still looking for a solution. The question is:

 - is there something like a connection timeout for av_scanners?
 - is there a way to configure amavis to try to connect to av_scanners more than once, as the log line "attempt #1” suggests?

Thanks for any hints.

Thomas