disclaimers broken by Android?

Quanah Gibson-Mount quanah at zimbra.com
Fri Aug 22 02:44:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

We have several reports now that when clients send out emails via an
Android device, the disclaimer function in Amavis fails to fire.  The
devices are correctly using port 587 on the MTA for submission, but any
emails generated via the device do not have a disclaimer attached.  Same
user using some other MUA, the disclaimer is correctly attached.  In our
disclaimer setup, both TEXT and HTML disclaimers exist.

The issue seems to be because of the Content Type.  For example, with
Thunderbird as the MUA, we see:

But with Android, we see:

----_com.android.email_45614483385970

Qm9keQoKU2VudCBmcm9tIG15IFNvbnkgWHBlcmlh4oSiIHNtYXJ0cGhvbmU=
----_com.android.email_45614483385970

And no attachment.  Is this a known bug/issue in Amavis?

Thanks!

--Quanah

--

Quanah Gibson-Mount