your mail

Thomas Spuhler via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Wed Apr 16 20:44:13 CEST 2014

On Wednesday, April 16, 2014 08:03:51 PM Patrick Ben Koetter via amavis-users wrote:
> * Alexander Dalloz via amavis-users <ad+lists at uni-x.org>:
> > Am 16.04.2014 19:33, schrieb Patrick Ben Koetter via amavis-users:
> > >Alexander,
> >
> > [ .. ]

> > >counter evidence: Have you tried to give 777 ogu access to the socket all the
> > >way down just to prove the permissions are causing the problem?
> >
> > I did that in fact: I do not call this a solution but then
> > amavisd-new does not fail. It is not a solution as those world
> > permissions are awful wrong.
>
> Agreed, it isn't a solution, but it proves we are looking at the right
> issue. What if you
>
> sudo -i -u amavis
>
> and then try to walk the path up to /var/run/klms/$SOCKET?
>
> Any place you get stuck?

> > >If both applications - amavis and kav - fail to connect the same path the
> > >problem is like not in these applications. The first thing that comes to my
> > >mind is some third component. But as you've already outlined you don't have
> > >app-armor in place/production.
> >
> > I too have no idea which part of the system could interfere.
> > AppArmor absence has been verified.
> >
> > I hope the Kaspersky team can find outwhat is going on.
>
> Did they provide a reference implementation in an installation instruction?

> > >Can you strace the Kaspersky scanner?
> >
> > Well, I could do that in addition. Just expanding the AV call in the
> > amavisd-new configurtion by a strace statement which will write a
> > log? It is a client calling a permanently running daemon.
>
> Whatever brings you closer to the moment where things start to fail.
>
> > >Have you tried to run amavis at its highest log level? You need an extra disc
> > >for that... ;)
> >
> > Highest level is 5, right? I can repeat that, but think I already
> > did so with no findings.
>
> Doing again will likely not change the output. ;)
>
> p at rick

Hmmmm... what distro are you using? If you use Mageia, there is a problem with the permission wehn
we use clamd. Maybe similar with Kaperski (daemon)
You need to add the kaperski to the amavis group and then change the permission of /run/klms/ so
amavis can write to it.

--
Best regards
Thomas Spuhler

All of my e-mails have a valid digital signature
ID 60114E63