AmavisD with DSPAM and SpamAssasin...

Tom Hendrikx via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Fri Oct 11 08:34:35 CEST 2013

On 10/11/2013 12:24 AM, Christopher Koeber via amavis-users wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have been trying to get AmavisD ip[ and running with DSPAM for a while
> with no success. I have SpamAssasin running and integrated nicely but I
> get a permission denied error when I look at the logs. What do I need to
> do to integrate this correctly? Thank you in advance for your time.
>
> Oct 10 14:18:53 [[SPAM SERVER]] amavis[3480]: (03326-01) _WARN: Can't
> exec "/usr/bin/dspam": Permission denied at /usr/sbin/amavisd line 3668,
> <GEN18> line 246.

The dspam binary is installed with setgid enabled by default, meaning
that the calling user needs to be in the group that the binary has,
probably 'dspam' (but depends on your distro.

What does 'ls -l /usr/bin/dspam' say?

You could also try to run dspam as a daemon process, and use dspamc to
interact with it. That should perform a lot better too.

Regards,
	Tom