How to reject mail with future time stamp

L. D. James via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Sat Nov 30 14:58:43 CET 2013

It's my impression that Spamassasin accepts messages to the server, then
scans the messages, assign a score then determin whether to deliver the
messages to the user. I'm trying to use a method to prevent the message
from ever coming into the server.

Does Amavis have this ability?

I was trying to figure out how to do this will policyd but someone in
the list said policyd didn't have such a feature (to check the headers
and block) it was a feature of Amavis.

I have Amavis installed.  I know it's filtering messages.  But I don't
fully understand how it works.  I'm trying to use it, as in my original
question, to block unwanted messages from even coming to the server by
looking at on the header.

If a full message was scanned, that would mean that it came to the
server to be scanned.

Thanks in advance for any one that can help me to understand the
workings of Amavis.

-- L. James

--
L. D. James