Amavis blocks folders which matches banned extension.

shagrat uruk via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Tue Nov 5 06:19:13 CET 2013

Hello,

I am using amavisd version 2.6.4.
My problem is that I have blocked extension .email in amavisd.conf.
Few days ago one mail from my client quarantined because of banned
extension.
Upon investigation I found that the email has zip file attached and inside
the zip there was a folder with .email extension.
My previous assumption was that amavis only checks the file names for
banned extension. I tested and found that if I create a folder with banned
extension and put any file into it and created zip of that folder it gets
blocked in amavis.
I just wanted to ask if this is normal or am I supposed to some setting to
block the files only and not folders.

Thanks and regards.