Reinject to Postfix, or just send on to LMTP?

Ralf Hildebrandt Ralf.Hildebrandt at charite.de
Sun May 26 19:11:20 CEST 2013

* /dev/rob0 <rob0 at gmx.co.uk>:
> Please forgive what might be a too-basic question. I'm setting up a
> new system with Postfix/virtual delivering to Dovecot LMTP. I'm not
> quite understanding if there is any benefit to this design:

> 	Postfix -> Amavisd-new -> Postfix/reinject -> Dovecot LMTP

The first postfix only checks for unknown users
Postfix/reinject does alias expansion/virtual_aliasing

If you don't need "alias expansion/virtual_aliasing", denn

> as opposed to this:
> 	Postfix -> Amavisd-new -> Dovecot LMTP

is for you.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebrandt at charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin