archives

Bernhard Schmidt berni at birkenwald.de
Thu May 9 18:51:14 CEST 2013

Am 09.05.2013 12:26, schrieb Ralf Hildebrandt:
> * Rod K<amavisd at 23net.net>:
>> New to the list and have a question, but wanted to search the
>> archives before posting.  However they appear to be down or I have
>> the wrong link. (http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=amavis-user&r=1&w=2)
>>
>> Can someone confirm that is the correct URL for the archives and if
>> not, provide the correct URL?
>
> They're probably having DNS issues right now.

As far as I know, MARC is now exclusively using marc.info after
introducing it in 2007.

http://marc.info/?q=news:

2007-03-08
MARC is changing domain names! The site will soon switch to being
marc.info, instead of marc.theaimsgroup.com. Links to the old URLs will
still work, for the Internet definition of forever; they'll just get
redirected.
Several reasons for this. First, it's shorter, and I am a huge fan of
short URLs. Second, The AIMS Group, the company that originally[*]
sponsored MARC, ceased to exist a long time ago. The same people have
been 10 East for years now, and have continued co-hosting MARC, but the
old name, marc.theaimsgroup.com was already embedded in all kinds of
project documentation, etc, so I was reluctant to change it. But it is
time for MARC to be established as its own entity.

No news about switching off marc.theaimsgroup.com, but I've read
somewhere else about that likely being permanent.

Bernhard