rbl with spamassassin ?

Cedric Knight cedric at gn.apc.org
Mon May 6 12:10:07 CEST 2013

On 06/05/13 08:35, ko at ibl.fr wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm using amavisd-new 2.7.0 with spamassassin on my mail relay. I would
> like to parameter a check_rbl in my
> /usr/local/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf like
> http://www.anonmails.de/dnsbl.php
>
> Could someone tell me if amavisd can run this type of checks ?

Yes, using SpamAssassin rules like those on the page you link to.  Have
you tried them and is there a problem?

After adding the rules, you may want to test the syntax is correct and
that the RBL is being checked with
   spamassassin --lint
and
   spamassassin -D < testemail.eml
before reloading your amavis configuration.

Given it's a new and untested RBL, you may want to add the -lastexternal
suffix, and try at a lower score at first.

I would suggest asking any other SA-related questions on the
spamassassin-users list.

> I'm sure this file is read and interpreted by amavis/spamassassin
> because my custom rules are executed.

CK