Unable to verify custom rules being loaded from 'local.cf'

Sharma, Ashish ashish.sharma3 at hp.com
Wed Jul 17 13:02:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

I have a amavisd-new setup with spamassassin on RHEL 5.8 , at the following location:

/etc/mail/spamassassin/local.cf

I have added some custom rule sets as follows:

#xxxxxx java script hack prevention rule
describe   SCRIPTED_NAME_xxxxxx Attachment name or filename is a script
mimeheader __ContentTypeName    Content-Type =~ /name.*\=.*<script.*?>/i
mimeheader __DispositionTypeFileName    Content-Disposition =~ /filename.*\=.*<script.*?>/i
meta       SCRIPTED_NAME_xxxxxx (__ContentTypeName || __DispositionTypeFileName)
score      SCRIPTED_NAME_xxxxxx 12.0

#xxxxxx html redirect prevention via meta tag
describe   META_TAG_xxxxxx Attachment name or filename is a html meta tag
mimeheader __ContentTypeMetaName    Content-Type =~ /name.*\=.*<meta.*?>/i
mimeheader __DispositionTypeMetaFileName    Content-Disposition =~ /filename.*\=.*<meta.*?>/i
meta       META_TAG_xxxxxx (__ContentTypeMetaName || __DispositionTypeMetaFileName)
score      META_TAG_xxxxxx 12.0

here 'spamassassin --lint' is giving no issues on a local and production setup,

but when I test the rule set with some custom test emails, the local setup works fine while the production setup show that no rules were hit for the same sample email.

I am confused as to what is going wrong here?

How can I test whether the custom rule sets in 'local.cf' are being loaded by spamassassin on my production setup?

Thanks
Ashish