Encrypted RAR not recognized as such...

Alexander Wirt via amavis-users amavis-users at amavis.org
Thu Aug 29 17:00:37 CEST 2013

Ralf Hildebrandt via amavis-users schrieb am Thursday, den 29. August 2013:

> On one system with amavis I'm encountering an issue with encrypted RAR
> files - they are "Passed CLEAN" on a system with "unrar-free" from
> Debian (http://packages.debian.org/wheezy/unrar-free) :
>
> Aug 29 16:32:55 scanner amavis[6725]: Found decoder for    .rar  at /usr/bin/unrar-free

Thats your problem. unrar-free can't handle 3.0 rar archives and it often
just displays the file contents and fails silently afterwards. If you want to
handle rar archives, you want to use the non-free rar (you are already doing
this on your ubuntu box). In debian it is in the package rar/unrar in
non-free.

Alex
Alexander Wirt, formorer at formorer.de
CC99 2DDD D39E 75B0 B0AA  B25C D35B BC99 BC7D 020A