Banned files are being quarantined, spam isn't: Solved

Benedict White Benedict.White at cse-ltd.co.uk
Sat Aug 10 20:22:03 CEST 2013

>There's a bunch of other parameters that affect quarantine. See the docs.
>
>Some that come to mind are $sa_kill_level_deflt $sa_tag2_level_deflt $kill_level.  Probably others.
>
>Set your log_level to 5 for a test run to see what decisions are made.

I turned logging up to 5, 477 lines of log for 1 email... now that is verbose!

It turned out the issue was the default for:
# $final_spam_destiny       = D_PASS;
Changed to
$final_spam_destiny       = D_DISCARD;
And for email with a score above spam_kill_level get discarded to quarantine.

I was confused by the term discard.

Kind regards

Benedict White