bypass amavisd after OK from policy daemon?

Rod K amavisd at 23net.net
Wed Aug 7 17:26:41 CEST 2013

Sorry, I misspoke.  You don't need to set a policy bank for that.

In amavisd.conf you need to setup @lookup_sql_dns and $sql_select_policy
(to retrieve the recipients userID) and that is used in
$sql_select_white_black_list to select the single column "wb" using the
userID and the sender email is in the list %k (sender email, sender
domain and catchall).

For example:
$sql_select_policy = "select 'Y' as local, userID as id from users where
\"user\" = %a";  (%a being the recipient email address)
$sql_select_white_black_list = "select 'W' as wb from whitelist where
recipient = ? and sender in (%k)";

the ? is the place holder for the id retrieved in the first query and %k
is the place holder for the various sender possibilities listed above.

Obviously, you could retrieve an actual whitelist/blacklist value ('W'
or 'B') in the query to do blacklists, but since you are using a Postfix
policy server I'd imagine you'd do blacklisting there and the email
would never reach amavisd to being with, so isn't really necessary.

Good luck.