Upgrading Amavis on Centos 5

Birta Levente blevi.linux at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 11:10:46 CEST 2012

On 31/08/2012 16:33, Nikolaos Milas wrote:
> On 31/8/2012 1:25 μμ, Mark Martinec wrote:
>
>>> So, if I would change:
>>> 2.8.0?
>> ... and amavisd-nanny.  Yes, I believe it would.
>> ( but I can see people who do all the package management through
>> tools to start pulling their hair:)
>
> Tried it and it worked fine with my old config file. I only had to
> manually change the value of:
>
>     $unix_socketname
>
> to the correct path in amavisd-release ($socketname =
> '/var/spool/amavisd/amavisd.sock'; for the EPEL version).
>
> Perhaps amavisd-release should learn the $unix_socketname by reading the
> amavisd.conf file?
>
> So, now I am running 2.8.0 under the disguise of a 2.4.5!
>
> I will try, however, to create a true amavisd-new-2.8.0 RPM, based on
> the EPEL source package
> (http://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/5/SRPMS/amavisd-new-2.4.5-1.el5.src.rpm).
>

> If anyone else, more experienced than me, can do it faster, that will be
> appreciated!
>
> Thanks,
> Nick

I build rpm for the latest amavisd-new since january with the spec file
extracted from rpmforge's amavisd-new srpm (2.6.6).
You just need to change the version in the spec file, download the
latest amavisd-new source and build.
And of course you need to satisfy some dependencies.

I think here you can find some directions how to build rpm from source
with spec file:
http://www.kutukupret.com/2010/02/08/compiling-postfix-2-7-0-as-rpm-package/

	Levi