checking mail from "any" domain, not all domains in ldap/sql, etc.

Erik Jacobs erikmjacobs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 20:09:40 CEST 2012

Hi all,

I've got a CentOS5 / Postfix / Amavisd-new / ClamAV / Spamassassin /
Zarafa set up.  It's really rather "vanilla" except for some of the
virtual domain things that are going on.

Essentially:
Mail comes into postfix
Passed to Amavis
Amavis virus scans
Amavis spam scans
Passed back to Postfix
Postfix delivers to Zarafa
User receives message

I have a bunch of domains whose information is available in LDAP or
MySQL, with the exception of the two real domains for the machine
(we'll call them domain1.com and domain2.com).

* Right now my local_domains_maps is empty.  It is empty in the hopes
that amavis will simply process all the messages that come through it,
regardless of domain.

* The issue I'm seeing is that, despite a particular message being
marked as SPAMMY:
Oct 11 02:21:49 atlas amavis[16691]: (16691-03) Passed SPAMMY,
[82.94.235.198] [161.134.57.162] <spammsender> -> <localuser>,
mail_id: v+NPmHSmscSS, Hits: 6.838, queued_as: 4FEC613C501D6, 791 ms

No spam-related headers are being added that I can see (the user sent
me the headers):

Here are the spam-related settings from amavisd.conf:
$sa_tag_level_deflt  = 2.0;  # add spam info headers if at, or above that level
$sa_tag2_level_deflt = 5; # add 'spam detected' headers at that level
$sa_kill_level_deflt = 8; # triggers spam evasive actions
$sa_dsn_cutoff_level = 10;

I would expect with a spam score of 6.838 and a tag2 level of 5 that
the header would have some kind of spam score and other information
appended.

This leads me to my questions:

1) If local_domains_maps is empty, is all mail considered "local"?

2) If not, is this what is causing the headers problem?

3) Is there something better I should be doing here?

Relevant versions:
CentOS 5.6
Amavisd-new 2.4.5-1.el5
postfix 2.3.3-2.2.el5_6