Temp files cleanup?

Glenn Park glennfpark at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:55:39 CET 2012

Hello,

Testing a new system (Debian-installed amavis), I see that files in
/var/lib/amavis/tmp are left hanging around.  Presumably a cron job
was installed with amavis that cleans these out, BUT is there a reason
amavis doesn't delete the unpackaged messages when it's done with
them?

I ask because I see that the entire email content is left in that
directory, which in some environments is considered insecure
(especially if, as in our case, we have that directory in /dev/shm
which has world read permissions).

Thank you!