Quarantine id

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Wed Nov 21 10:52:11 CET 2012

Am 21.11.2012 10:18, schrieb Christian Rößner:
> For this reason I turned the order of the milters. First OpenDKIM, second Amavis. So now OpenDKIM sees mail and always treats them as "no spam". It stores information in a flat file, which in turn is inserted into a database on a cron job basis. To correct the mistake of "each mail is no spam", I must store spam mails in quarantine _and_ reject the mail.

Hi Christian, let the apps do what they made vor , why care OpenDKIM
sees something than spam or not, it should do sign and verify dkim sigs,
that an option exist must not mean that it is a good idea to use it in
every setup

opendkim-spam [options]
DESCRIPTION

opendkim-spam accepts a regular format message (RFC5322) on standard
input and uses it to update a local SQL database being updated by
opendkim(8) with an indiciation that a user believes the input message
is spam or otherwise abusive. This feedback is important input toward
developing DKIM-based domain reputation systems.

The tool is intended to be used directly from within shell-based mail
readers such as alpine(1) or mutt(1) using a "pipe" command, which feeds
the message being read to the specified program.

This tool is experimental. If the experiment proves useful, the feedback
could be used as an input stream to a larger-scale collaborative
feedback system that can be used to identify sources of signed mail that
have good reputations.

by the way, it might be better let amavis hnadle its own the whole
quarantine and dkim stuff
and implement new features/ideas from opendkim in the amavis framework

and forget about pairing opendkim with amavis

however opendkim antispam idea may fine if using i.e with setups
without amaviv like spamass-milter etc

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--